Monday, March 3, 2008

Pat's weekend: A Weekend in Review; or "Monday Morning Quarterback"

Now, I'm not sure everyone who reads this, but I know a lot of my friends (I won't name people but you know who you are) read this and for one reason or another thoroughly enjoy reading these little tidbits about my life. Why I don't know, i guess my little quirks in these stories are what make them what they are! Haha but you all know I heartily appreciate you reading this. Okay, so onto my "Weekend in Review."

Friday night I went home at ohhh 6:30 or so? Usually my father picks me up around 6:00-6:15, but this time he was a tidbit late due to the EXTREME WEATHER. Me and my friends joked that it was Hoth-like conditions outside (if you don't know what Hoth is, you're not a nerd). The aforementioned link is very impressive and I am quite jealous of whoever built it (keep up the amazing work!). Anyways, we also happened to mention that my father would be coming to Allegheny on either a TaunTaun (Also from Star Wars) or a snowmobile. My friend Alex said he could see my father on a snowmobile. Which would be a funny site indeed.

So me and my dad (well my dad) drove home with all of my belongings and eventually made it home; some parts of the road were terrifying, some parts didn't exist. All in all we made it home to a (surprisingly) calm Erie, well weatherwise anyways. So of course my homecoming included gracious welcoming from both my mom and my brother. My mom gave me the typical "mom hug" and my brother squawked at me (he thinks he is a bird/crow at times).

After these complications, I went out with my two "BFFs" Emily and Erin(n). We went to our usual hangout, Perkins. For some reason we always reside there whenever we plan on doing something when I go to Erie. I'm not complaining as the food isn't too bad, but since it was Friday and I decided to be a good boy and not eat meat (I am now Closer to God somehow) I had to settle for pancakes. After I ate the delicious bread discs, we decided to take a picture of us and somehow we all ended up on the same side of the table for the entire post-meal experience. It was quite a scene, I felt bad for the old people that were sitting next to our table. Although we didn't cause any disturbances. Yeah. Haha anyways, that was a good time all around!
I completed the Friday night by hanging out with Drew and VIDEO-CHATTING with our CUZ Stephen. It was quite a time and the following was discussed: College, Pittsburgh Penguins, Technology, Music, Dogs, Red Baron Pizzas, and the family. It was EPIC. But it was a fun time all around.

On Saturday I went and spent quality time with Mom and Dad at a popular mexican restaurant (I still need spellcheck for that dang word). No, it was not Taco Bell. It was El Canelo (which is a great place, I highly recommend it if you are ever in the Erie area). Though my brother colloquially refers to it as the place with "Grade L" meat, I quite enjoy the place. I proceeded to go to my lovely girlfriend's house afterward (it was a trek) and I watched Clerks II while Becky and Laura fought over Glamour, played Pretty Pretty Princess (I believe Becky won) and of course, Pillow Talking was on the menu. That was a fun time, but I proceeded home afterwards and went to bed, thinking I had to go to Church the next day; I planned ahead for the necessary 8 hours of sleep.

Turns out on Sunday that did not happen. Instead, we went to Damon's and I witnessed, for the first time in my 19 years of existence, my father sending back a meal. It was UNBELIEVABLE, he usually eats anything he orders and never makes a complaint. The universe was not right at that moment and I did not know how to react other than grabbing a tasty roll and buttering it up. I think anyone would have reacted in the same manner in that situation. After the semi-satisfying meal, we went to Wal Mart and I purchased Water and Old Spice Body Wash. Which I used today, it was quite phenomenal! Thought you'd like to know :P. I also got my haircut and met the manager at Best Buy, who shook my hand and told me how and where to apply. I got my foot in the door. We also went to look at a bike because my Dad is suddenly a food-sending-back-Lance-Armstrong. He didn't buy anything yet, but sure is anxious to. Then I watched the Pens win in overtime (YEAH!) and I finally came back to Allegheny College.

That's my weekend in review!

Hope everyone all had a good weekend as well!

-Pat

1 comment:

Pfeif said...

I approve of this length. Good weekend review.