Sunday, September 23, 2007

A New Touch

Well, I'm sitting here at Allegheny's library.....doing, well "blogging."  Another highlight of going to college, which is sitting around with your laptop other places to look busy.  You see, I figured out that when I go somewhere else with my MacBook, I feel as though I am actually doing something, rather than sitting in my dorm.  Plus its freezing in there from the A/C.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love that little Air Conditioning Unit, but it does get on my nerves when the room is at a constant 60 Degrees.  So in summary, what did I do today?  Almost nothing.  I ate a fantastic Pita wrap (with Hummus, how delectable), saw some friends, ate again, went on my MacBook and checked my order status. Order Status on what? Yes, you may ask.  I'd actually be happy to tell everyone about it.  It is my iPod Touch of course!  
 As some of you may or may not know, I ordered it a day (precisely at 11:38 AM EST) after Steve Jobs' wonderful keynote.  So thanks to MacRumors.com, I've been able to see how others are getting theirs and such on the lovely forums they have.  Turns out people have been getting them "Prepared for Shipment" much sooner than me, which infuriated me.  Not only that, but in addition, Apple stores and Best Buys got them in a week or so later.  This was unfair.  The WHOLE POINT of a preorder is to get it before everyone else does.....like Zelda.  So I called Apple a few times and they BSed me (which surprised me, but their customer service is lacking), but eventually they upgraded me to Expedited Shipping (Via FEDEX) for free.  Thanks Apple! Now where's my iPod Touch!?!  Well today I now know it is being shipped to me, starting from Shanghai and now it has just departed from Memphis.  So it should arrive in Erie, in 2 days or sooner I hope.  I'll post "unboxing photos" or something I think.  Oh and for those of you who have no idea what an iPod Touch is, here's a nice picture for you.

  

And I can't wait to get it (hey there is Ringo's new album).

I'll post more later.

-Pat


No comments: