Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What did I do today? That's a damn good question

Hello people....or those who read it. The question is, what did I do today? Well I will tell you. Since this blog is indeed about me, so I guess people have a right to know.

I woke up at 11:30, which was great because I got pretty much no sleep last last night. It was pretty darn bad. What else... okay so I wake up, check my new phone (reminder: write about last night), and go take a shower. Now I was supposed to meet someone for lunch, but I was a bit late, even though we didn't eat for a bit anyways.... good thing I brought my Mac. I had pasta....it was pretty good. What else did I do.......



I went to Allegheny's tech support because my iPod Touch wasn't connecting to the wireless network *as I found out the night before. So I go there, and three guys at the desk. Of course, I figured they would be typical tech support who work with windows only. So I ask them why Safari 'ain't working and the one kid with long hair says "because its like this" and he shows me his iPhone! I was going in there demanding answers and I pretty much had to step back because he was having the same problem and they are "working on it." So tell me, what's the point of wireless internet in my pocket if I can't even use it? Way to be crappy Allegheny network. I could rant about that network for a long time. But anyway, I left unsatisfied. So I went up to my buddy's room who was kind enough to make his computer a router so I could use it as an access point for wireless (which I also did last night with my own MacBook).



I'm at the library and I feel as though all these other people are doing so much more work than I am.... I'm blogging and reading my stuff online while everyone has a boatload of papers out. I have a lab tomorrow so I don't need to do anything for chem tonight..... Math I already did.... man I hope I don't ever get that test back, that will be disappointing. Buddhism I never have any homework, and my FS I can do when I'm sitting around doing nothing. I feel as though I cannot blog in my room because I will be too distracted.... blogging is like homework or something. Good way to organize my thoughts I suppose.  How boring.... though college is boring.... especially when you can't get on a wireless network with an iPod Touch.


Oh so I guess now is a time to do a quick review:

Let me get it out, I'll look at each individual part:

Part 1:

Now, I have played with this on an iPhone before, and on the EDGE network its actually not bad (though its no 3G).  On WiFi it is pretty decent, a bit slower than my College internet. 

 Now, I know I am not reviewing the iPhone, but the iPod Touch.  Now, I tried the wireless through both my computer and my buddy's.  Last night I only tried mine, it sucked, but it worked.... Today I went to Alex's (my friend) and tried it in his room, via his MacBook.  It worked great, fast as expected, almost exceeded my initial thoughts!  So I left, did the same thing in my dorm room and it was exactly like his.  I don't know what was with it last night (maybe a full charge?) but whatever it was, it worked.  I played on Safari for about 3-4 hours and I still had 1/3 battery left so I think that is about accurate with macrumors.com.  

I also tried Beejive, the AIM client that was made for the iPhone.  It worked quite well for me, but if I opened a new page sometimes it would kick me off.  Most of the time actually.  I chatted and realized that the text correction was on, kind of like an improved T9.  I heard there's another from like mundu or something but whatever.

I have yet to use it on my home Wireless Network, though I assume it will work just fine.  

Out of Ten:  8.3

Reason:  It is very impressive, but could be a lot better, I had to fool around with the wireless connectivity a bit, but it could be because of Allegheny's piss poor network.  Also, sometimes I'd have to refresh to get it going, but only when I first got it.  

okay onto #2

Part Two:

Keep in mind, its only YouTube, but Apple likes to brag about their relationship with them... or something.  I like the icon, now that I am looking at it ha ha.  But I tried it only once (I viewed the obligatory "Dog on a skateboard" video), and I had no problems.  I love the menus on this thing, its so clean and simple, but looks quite nice.  This will be good when I am in a YouTubey mood, but other than that its just a cool perk.  I mean I can just as easily access it on Safari....when I'm not on Allegheny's crappy network.

So Overall: 7/10

Its nice, but not anything to write home about....not that it isn't cool of course!


Okay, I'm done for now.... I know only two parts, but I wrote a lot!  I'll review the rest later and get an average/overall rating.  

Until later (people who actually read this)

-Pat

No comments: