Thursday, September 27, 2007

This title will come to me soon....

Okay, I can't think of a title.  Sue me.  I have one bar left on my new camera phone.  Okay, so it isn't new, I got it from some person at my mom's work.  ......She didn't know it had a camera. Go figure.  I am now smelling the bitter, yet tasty smell of coffee from the built-in coffee shop at the 'Gheny.  

I'm sitting at a booth they put on their "stage" when people aren't playing music.  Sometimes they have open mic night.  They shouldn't.  They also should not have screamo bands somewhere that have an occupancy number of 70.  On Orientation I swear there were about 300 people wanting to see this garbage band, and yes, I was there.  Why was I there?  I don't really know, other than I was trying to meet people (which I found out doesn't work) and I met this girl.  She was very awkward.  So that was the end of that.  Back to the band.  They were called "Signal Home" and I wish they would have just stayed home.  Now, I'll give them credit, on purevolume.com they didn't sound too bad.  In this little coffee shop? They sounded like a wrecking ball rolling down Main Street.

Okay, so anyways, the real reason I came out today and decided to blog was to do parts 3 and 4 of my scrupulous review of the iPod Touch.  So without further ado, 

Part Three: Calendar and Contacts

Alright, so I guess this is a pretty piss poor review considering they are pretty straightforward Apps.  To use: Touch it with your finger, and it opens.  Use the iTunes options to sync both your address book and calendar and everybody and everything is on there!  Just like every other iPod right?  Well yes, but its much cooler, you can change it to List, Day and Month.  This is both convenient and reminding me that I need to be more active on iCal.  I could have my whole agenda on my Touch!  But I don't, so moving on.  One thing I don't like, and I believe that wasn't on the iPhone, was the lack of being able to add stuff on this calendar.  What if something comes up?  I'll have to race back to my MacBook and quickly add and sync!  Or, I could write it down and wait till later!  But this is the 21st century! So, I guess there really isn't an excuse Apple, come on.  Really.  Okay what else about iPod Touch iCal?  Oh, well it has the right day on it every time I look at it so I guess that's positive (something that is in Mac OS X Leopard).  

Now onto Contacts.  This is a pretty cool feature for those who have this device, but it would be even better if you had an iPhone, since it works with the actual phone.  Now, unlike the calendar App, with Contacts you can add whomever you like.  Now, let's hypothetically say I met a cute girl and for some unknown reason I ran out without my phone (Oh the texts I will miss!), probably due to the fact that I failed to charge it.  Now, with my iPod Touch I can add her number, name (pray tell I found that out) and email address.  Oh, and plus I get the cool question "Oh! Is that an iPhone?!" and since I don't have my phone, I could say yes! In addition, I can also add things about my other friends that are already in here and it will sync back up to my Mac next time I connect, it makes me happy.   

What else....Oh on the right side there's a whole alphabet for all of my friends (who are all on iChat by the way, so seamless).  

But that's really all there is for now.... I'm finishing this post abruptly out of hunger.

Coming soon: pictures of the initial unboxing and me looking too happy.

 

No comments: