Sunday, February 3, 2008

Midnight Jazz.

Hey everyone, I'm back! Back from where you ask? From being absolutely nowhere! I've been slacking on my posting I know I know but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, since you all love when I post (isn't it obvious?). I think that question mark is supposed to be on the outside of the parentheses? I don't know, I guess it isn't too terribly important. Oh well, this intro paragraph is just awful, so on to whatever else that I need to say!

So I realized that in college, when you don't drink you are isolated from 96% of the college community. And apparently some people that you abode with hate you for it! WOAH!!!!!! Hahah so I have to keep myself busy while everyone else is consuming alcohol, most of the time illegally (according to U.S. Law, and we all know that is important haha). So what do I do you ask? I knew you were going to ask! I do many a thing to keep myself occupied and although the lack of ANY hockey on television at this great campus I am at (thanks GatorTV, you suck), I have to occupy myself with things like watching tv shows and going on digg.com on my MacBook. Now usually, on Friday nights my friends go out at 11 or so? And luckily my hallmates don't drink too much either so we usually have great chats and such. I also am a fan of both IBC Root Beer and Orange Crush so I tend to drink one of those as well. And since my roommate is out drinking and not watching tv I can sneak a game of NHL 2006 in! How exciting! Now many of you are going "Wow what a sad life he leads, why doesn't he just go out with everyone else?"

I will tell you why. The cliche answer would be that my parents pay too much for me to screw off and get into some potentially viable trouble. This is not what I want. But surprisingly it is not the main reason that I don't drink! There are several reasons, first of all my lovely girlfriend does not drink, which is very good for me, we just don't think it fits our lifestyle. Another reason is that in Buddhism, they do not get intoxicated due to the fact that it impairs judgement and thus enlightenment will not be achieved. We all know how cool enlightenment is. With alcohol, its not gonna happen! The third reason is because I am a nerd. Plain and simple. I would rather sit around on a Saturday night and watch Diggnation by myself laughing then go out and see a bunch of people make asses of themselves. Though it is fun to mess with drunk people, probably the most fun part about having friends who drink. Though I seldom do it, if I do happen to see them, it is quite fun.


So those who read this proooobably think I am a huge loser but its okay, I don't want to have to avoid people for doing stupid shit with them :).



Its Sunday night, and I will smack every one of you who says "its Monday morning." Anyways, the reason for the title! For those of you who do not know, I am an avid jazz listener and used to play tenor saxophone in Prep's jazz band. Every Sunday night at 11:30-12:30 I have a Midnight Hour jazz session. Meaning: I listen to jazz music, drink tea and relax until 12:30 at which time I get ready for bed. Its the best ever. Anyone who wants to join (hahah open invitation) is welcome to, just bring your own tea. You are welcome to provide Jazz of your own if you bring a CD/USB stick as well.

I should make a jazz listening club.....

I need more jazz though, well when I get home I'll go on Pirate Bay I guess


Which reminds me! I highly recommend watching the free film called "Steal this Film."

Its very good.

Next up on the list is Killer Joe by Lionel Hampton and finally he closes with Midnight Sun.


Damnit I should be a radio show host on WARC.

No comments: