Monday, October 1, 2007

Cousin Stephen came visiting.....

So cousin Stephen came in (as the title says) from Colorado.....well technically Clarion.  He brought friends, and we played hockey at Wise.  Now, for those of you who do not know, Wise is the place to work out/do fitness like things.  Obviously, I'm in there all the time.....hahahah.  Okay anyway, they arrived at my place of higher education.  Now, it took a few times of circling around in a white car to actually get into a parking lot (to my knowledge there was no tickets).  So I, as expected, ran at lightning fast speed (because I go to Wise all the time, y'know) and was eager to see Stephen.  He came out and shook my hand and we proceeded to my dorm room (after greeting his friends, a few who I somehow remembered).  They told tall tales of their experiences in college and after a few moments of reminiscing about ole' college days, it was a joint decision to go play floor hockey.  Now, bear in mind, we were not sure of our abilities to actually just waltz in (though I can, I'm a student).  So we get there and of course we get in no problem.  Plus the door is open to the land of aluminum shafted hockey sticks with plastic blades.....score!  There's goalie pads in there.  One of his friends was goalie, and wasn't bad for a first time.....and in full pads.....and with PANTS on.  Needless to say, his pants were a darker brown than before, it was quite a scene.  We played for about an hour and a half or so and were pooped.  Hockey in pants in a hot Wise Center is bound to make any person sweat.  Then it was back to my dorm for some fun NHL 2006 tournament action, which steve and his friends were into (well some more than others).  We failed to complete it and they proceeded to leave, but not without leaving me some of my Aunt's amazing and ridiculous cookies.....I still need to call her.

Laundry story:

OK most of you who are at the 'Gheny already know this, but for those of you who are not fortunate enough to attend this college will learn how cutthroat and ruthless the laundryroom is.  Laundry room?  .....anyways.  So, I wash my darks no problem and put my whites in, wait a half hour, then put them in a dryer.  Going down to get them I made the mistake of locking my keys in the room.  Smart.   Really smart.  So anyways, I go down to the laundry room and then take my whites out.  I decide "well I better go ask my RA to open my door."  So for some reason unbeknownst to me, I choose to leave my clean laundry down there and will get it after dinner.....who's going to steal my laundry?  So I put my detergent SIDEWAYS (remember that) on top of my whites in my hamper and leave.  I eat, and we will >>  (that's fast forward for you illiterates), to after dinner.  I go back and get my whites, but to my dismay and shock my bottle of detergent leaked out!  So now I have about half of my detergent left, and my whites are damp with detergent.  So not a huge deal, I'll throw them in a washer.  Which I did.  I come back 30 minutes later and put them in the top right dryer on the right side.  So again, >> to 6 hours later....about 12:30 AM.  I'm at my friends' room and I am just like "oh crap, laundry."  I race down there, like speed racer fast, on my way looking in each room (seeing almost every other room playing the hit new game Halo 3) and go to take my stuff out of the dryer.  I get down there, and what do I see?  I see my clothes wet.  SOMEONE WASHED MY CLOTHES.  REWASHED.  I have no idea why, how or who even saw the potential of rewashing my clothes.  So all the dryers were going AT 12:42 AM.  I had to stay up until 2:30 to get my whites done.  Who rewashes someone else's clothes?  I mean jeeze if that's the case I should just keep my clothes down there and let someone wash them for me!  Genius idea.  

Okay, I'm done, later guys

-Pat


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cousin Stephen is the bomb.