Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm starting to doubt Apple's greatness.

Okay, so you all are wondering why (maybe?) that I have not posted in a while. Now, here's the thing. My MacBook randomly decided to crack down the right, well to the right of my trackpad, where the [high quality] crappy plastic meets the solid part. Now, its not a big deal, it just looks like absolute garbage, tainting the Zen-like image of my Apple product. Now, before you think "Pat what happened!? You used to be all about Apple!!"

That is not the case. I do enjoy Apple's products, as they work (I'm starting to doubt this) as well as or actually better than PCs. The main reason I am a big fan of Apple is because of its operating system, OS X. The OS is amazing, much better than anything Microsoft puts out, I'm saying this purely from experience, the lack of games is disappointing, but I could go out and buy a Wii or an XBOX360 (as PS3s still suck and are overpriced). Here's the catch: Apple should improve (and has improved) its hardware. I've had numerous hardware with problems, both with my iPod Touch (which I had to send back and get a new one due to a HARDWARE sound issue) and I've had to send my MacBook in (not counting this time, when I got it back) twice, for ONE PROBLEM. My Hard Drive randomly died in my Mac and I was quite pissed about it since I lost everything and the mexican lady on the phone was of ZERO help (sorry, I have nothing against Mexicans other than I can't understand high pitched ones on the phone.....and ones who try to be funny like George Lopez). So I sent it back and bear in mind, I had the 160 Gig hard drive, which is the biggest MacBooks used to come with. They sent it back with a 60, not a 160, A 60 GIG HARD DRIVE. Someone at the warehouse REALLY fucked up. SO AGAIN I had to send it back. Then I finally got a decent Hard Drive in my laptop and have had no problems with it.


BACK TO THE OTHER STORY:

Okay, so I gave the package to DHL and as soon as he pulled away I realized "Oh crap I forgot to rip the EZ-Label off" and instead of looking at it like a good DHL shipping peon, he doesn't do anything and today I get it back in the mail. I'm not happy. I figure I have a three year warrantee on it, so I can send it back sometime in the summer when I don't need to write mass amount of papers or anything.


So that's why I have failed to post for a few days, now that I am back online, I will be updating you on my classes and life back at college.

Bye!

No comments: